If a picture says a thousand words, this one speaks of a thousand steps…
The high points:
* We finished!!
* We finished together. Always a plus.
* The medal is awesome!!!!!
* We had friends waiting for us at the finish line. They even too the picture.
What could have gone better:
* Training. Really needed to train more. Enough said.
* Miles 10 to 12 were pretty rough. Neither of us had run that far at one time and it showed.
* I have bad knees. It took a week for the one to stop hurting so I could walk normally.
All that being said, it has been almost two weeks and I still can’t get over that we did it. I started this journey and this was meant to be a sort of ending. What it has turned out to be is the end of a chapter. The next one has already begun. 39 days from now I have my second 1/2 marathon. Again, Amanda and I will be doing this together. This time, I know what to expect (sort of) and I can’t wait.
Please know, if I can do this, so can you. So can anyone. All you have to do is start.
So, where will you start?
Check out Amanda’s play by play of the race here.