Do you set goals? Of course you do. We all do. But are they quantifiable and measurable? If not, then how do you know when you have achieved what you set out to do?
How many people have you heard say things like, “I want to be healthy.” or, “I want to lose weight.” or even, “I want to get in shape.” What does that mean? How do you know when you have gotten there? To be successful, you cannot be this vague.
We all need to set defined goals. Yes, I know, with a concrete goal there is a much higher chance you will fail. OK, have you processed that fact?… Need another moment?… OK now? … Good, then lets move on. Face it, chances are YOU WILL FAIL. Not all the times, but sometimes. Get up, dust yourself off, and try again.
Let me put my money where my mouth is (so to speak) and share my goals for the next 7 months.
1. I will complete running work outs 3 days a week.
2. I will do one official race every month. (Personally, I need something
to train for that is not too far away.)
3. I will control my diet so that I can lose 20 pounds.
4. I will run (or run/walk) the Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon in
under 3 hours.
5. When I fall off the wagon, I will get back up the next day and start again.
Now that I have told you mine, what are your goals for the next few months? Have you written them down? Try it. Post them on your fridge, your bathroom mirror, or at the bottom of this site. Somewhere that you can see them and remember why you are doing what you are doing. Do this, see them everyday, and tell me it is not easier to reach them. I can’t wait to see how this works for you!